Friday, December 1, 2006

A Week to Reflect and Be Thankful


Wow, what a week. It is pretty cold down here in Texas. When I was driving to work, I noticed that it was 24 degrees. The wind chill was supposedly down in the single digits.

I cannot help but think about how big this week could have been. As most of you know, Rachelle, Hunter, and I have been in a lawsuit to keep our family together. This week we were scheduled for trial. Fortunately, this case was settled two weeks ago but--had it not settled--where would be today? This week had the potential to be the worst week of our lives. Instead, I am getting to reflect on how we've been blessed. We are obviously thankful that the lawsuit is over, but we are also extremely thankful for the friends and family who have supported us along the way. As I have reflected on the last year, I find it amazing how God used this horrible situation to draw Rachelle and I closer to him. Our individual relationships with Jesus Christ have grown stronger as has our marriage.

That is all I have to report for now. Have a great weekend. Rachelle, Hunter and I will be heading to WF to celebrate our nephew's birthday. While I'm there I am going to try and take advantage of the cold weather and get a little hunting in.