Monday, March 5, 2007

I've fallen behind!

I've fallen behind on my posts lately. I've had two computers crap out on me in the last couple of weeks. Anyway, we should be up and running again.

Following up to my previous post about our Hondoras mission trip, there will be 18 of our friends taking the trip with us. We are very excited and ask for your continued prayers. If any of you have visited www.hoi.org, you might have noticed that a recent mission group had a tragic accident. While on the mission, we will rely on military style trucks to transport us to and from villages. Evidently, the brakes on one of the trucks failed causing it to overturn and fall down a mountain ravine. Many of the mission workers in the back of the truck were able to jump out. However, the incident resulted in many injuries and the deaths of three workers, not to mention shattered lives and hearts of the mission members' family and friends. I'd ask that you keep all of these people in your prayers.

Let's see--what else--Hunter has been healthy and happy. We have arrived at the "terrible two" stage a few months early. I am convinced that he suffers from a hearing defect that prevents him from hearing and understanding the words "no, no." He is so full of life, and he continues to bring smiles to the faces of everyone he meets.

I have an interview with BNSF Railroad on Friday afternoon. As some of you know, I have never really enjoyed working as an attorney for various reasons. On the other hand, I have enjoyed working on railroad injury claims, and I have devoted almost all of my practice to this work over the last two years. I have applied for a claim representative position within the Occupation Claims department. This position fits right up my alley, and I am very hopeful that I get the position. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Rachelle is very busy and has recently started volunteering in the nursery of our church during Sunday services. She seems to enjoy it, but she had to be removed from Hunter's class. Everytime Rachelle picked up a child (other than Hunter), Hunter would cry. Hunter has everybody trained!

That's all I know for now. Stay tuned!