Friday, January 19, 2007

Cold Cold Cold

It has been cold down here in Texas this week. Let's see . . . on Monday we had ice and sleet, Tuesday was cold but dry, Wednesday our office was closed due to more snow, ice, sleet, and it has been cold and drizzly (if that is a word) ever since. We should be getting more snow on Monday. I'm blaming the weather on a sinus/chest cold that I've had all week, and Hunter has shown some of the same symptoms--runny nose, slight cough, not sleeping well--but he might also be getting some teeth.

Anyway, I don't have any new pictures to post. It has been pretty quiet around the Heenan house. I'll try and do better next week.

I also want to mention that I had an incredible conversation with a woman today who was seeking some guidance about Jesus Christ. I was absolutely flattered that she would ask me since I have never been all that vocal about my faith. Nevertheless, we sat down and I had an incredible time telling her about the incredible grace and mercy of our God. In reflecting on this moment, I have concluded that all Christians should minister to others when God presents the opportunity. Just because we aren't preaching behind the pulpit on Sunday mornings doesn't mean that we can't reflect our love of JC through our actions. I am hopeful that the way I live my life is what encouraged this woman to discuss with me some very important and life changing issues that she is addressing in her life.

Take care, and I love ya'll.